Grant Opportunity for Non-Traditional Sectors
Issue Date: 1 March, 2017
Closing Date: 31 May, 2017 3:00 PM Amman Time (EXTENDED TILL 15 September 2017 - تم تمديد المنحة لغاية 15 أيلول 2017)
Request for Clarifications Date: 30 March, 2017
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
Funding Limit: The requested amount must not exceed JD 18,000
Applications must be submitted through [email protected]
The primary goal of this grant opportunity is to support women seeking to establish a new business in non-traditional sectors or to strengthen the sustainability of an existing business up to two years old. The secondary objective of this opportunity is to create employment opportunities in non-traditional sectors, especially employment opportunities for women.
Because the term non-traditional sectors encompasses a broad range of economic activity, USAID LENS will give consideration to a wide variety of proposals, such as, but not limited to, businesses/activities in the sciences, technology, engineering, the building trades and the services sector, particularly in transport and tourism.
This grant opportunity will not fund food production and processing activities, the provision of childcare and education services, the provision of services related to personal grooming and well-being, the manufacture of clothing and handicraft and brick-and-mortar retail operations.
- Applicant must be Jordanian
- Applicant must be a female, in which she is/will be the business owner
- The proposed business must be in a non-traditional sector or activity
- Application Form
- Certificate of Registration or Incorporation Papers (Arabic originals or scanned Arabic photocopies and English translation), if the business is registered.
- Certificates, degrees and, when relevant, a CV or description of relevant practical experience related to eligibility requirements
- Optional Documentation: other material such as brochures, research reports, samples of publications and results of past programs are very welcome
Please download the following attachments and read the RFA document thoroughly:
- Women's Economic Empowerment RFA (English)
- Women's Economic Empowerment RFA (Arabic)
- Women's Economic Empowerment RFA Amendment 1 (English) Uploaded on 31 May 2017
- تعديل رقم واحد على المنحة بالعربية Uploaded on 31 May 2017
- Women's Economic Empowerment RFA Amendment 2 (English) Uploaded on 25 July 2017
- تعديل رقم 2 على المنحة بالعربية Uploaded on 25 July 2017
- Attachment 1: Application Form
- Attachment 2: Budget
- Attachment 3: Grants Manual (Arabic)
- Attachment 4: Grants Manual (English)
- Attachment 5: WWE Startups RFA Arabic Summary