Local Investment Facilitation Grant Opportunity
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
Issue Date: August 8, 2017
Closing Date: September 30, 2017 at 03:00pm Amman Time (Extended until 30 November, 2017 at 3:00 pm Amman time)
Request for Clarifications Deadline: August 31, 2017
- A summary version of the RFA in Arabic is now available along with the application form, budget and awardee contribution templates.
- Dates and locations of upcoming solicitation workshops will be announced on the website and USAID LENS social media pages.
USAID LENS is soliciting applications from companies registered and licensed to work in Jordan, including those that have some Syrian ownership, and are seeking to invest, re-invest, and/ or expand operations through projects that would contribute to job creation and MSE growth at the local level. Consistent with LENS mandate, we envision supporting Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) through this grant solicitation, which are defined as those with fewer than 50 employees.
Applicants must demonstrate that their proposed idea can meet the minimum targets required for this grant, which are the ability to create at least 10 new jobs directly in the local community (including both Jordanians and Syrians authorized to work in Jordan), OR the ability to support at least 10 MSEs in increasing their revenue (including those with some Syrian ownership). The proposed concept must meet the minimum target of 10 for either job creation OR MSE revenue, but projects that demonstrate they will contribute to both of these indicators will receive additional points in the evaluation process.
- Firms must be a registered company in Jordan with less than 50 employees. The firm must be licensed to operate in their proposed sectors, and the firm can also have some Syrian ownership.
- The proposed investment should be established in one of LENS target governorates (Amman excluding GAM, Zarqa, Irbid, Tafileh, Karak, and Aqaba) or reach an underserved community or a vulnerable population, including Syrian refugees.
- The proposed business idea must create at least 10 job opportunities for the local community including Jordanians and Syrians authorized to work in Jordan, OR support at least 10 MSEs in increasing their revenue, including MSEs with some Syrian ownership. Projects that propose both direct employment and increased opportunities for MSE growth will receive higher points in the evaluation, but the concept must meet the minimum 10 threshold for at least one of these indicators.
- The project must be operational and meet its targets within 12 months of the grant award.
Please download the following attachments and read the RFA document thoroughly:
- Local Investment Facilitation RFA
- RFA Amendment 1
- Attachment 1: RFA Application
- Attachment 2: Budget
- Attachment 3: Awardee Contribution
- Attachment 4: Action Plan
- Attachment 5: Grants Manual